IEBCOPY TutorialUtilities Home Page IEBCOPY Introduction
IEBCOPY is a data set utility that is used to copy or merge members between one or more partitioned data sets or partitioned data sets extended (PDSEs). The copying can be full copy or partial copy. IEBCOPY used to create a backup of a partitioned data set into a sequential data set and to copy members from the backup into a partitioned data set. IEBCOPY automatically lists the number of unused directory blocks.
IEBCOPY is purely mainframe related utility which is used to process or manipulate datasets or extended datasets with the help of JCL or other mainframe utilities which can run IEBCOPY in background.
Readers who are having or not having mainframe knowledge.
The tutorial is intended for the readers with a little mainframe experience as the tutorial mainly focuses on how it is used in mainframe environment. In the tutorial, all the topics are covered with in depth description and can understandable by anyone who had minimum computation background.
Need to have the JCL knowledge if learning the IEBCOPY for processing PDS or PDSEs. Learn JCL tutorial at JCL Tutorial here if required.
Having the computation background will be an advantage in understanding the concepts a bit easy. Without having computation background, it is a bit time taking to understand the concepts and need to go through the topic more than once to understand clearly.
Table of contents:
- IEBCOPY - Introduction
- IEBCOPY - Control Statements
- IEBCOPY - Converting Load Modules to Program
- IEBCOPY - Converting PDSs to PDSEs
- IEBCOPY - Copying Data Sets
- IEBCOPY - Merging Data Sets
- IEBCOPY - Unloading Data Sets
- IEBCOPY - Loading/Copying from Unload Data Sets
- IEBCOPY - Selecting Members for Copy/Unload/Load
- IEBCOPY - Excluding Members from a Copy
- IEBCOPY - Copying Members Have Alias Names
- IEBCOPY - Copying Program Objects
- IEBCOPY - Compressing a PDS
- IEBCOPY - Altering Load Modules
- IEBCOPY - Copying & Reblocking Load Modules
Utilities Home Page IEBCOPY Introduction