Mainframe Developer Training
Learn at Home with MainframesTechHelp
Our Online Training Program supports you to become a professional at Mainframes Technologies in a Month. Hands-on Learning with Live sessions. Register for Free Demos at -.
Best Practices Covered in Mainframe Developer Training
Overview of Mainframe Developer Training
The Online Mainframe Developer Training course drives the candidate to become an expert in IBM mainframe concepts through hands-on approaches, topic analyses, industry scenarios, projects, and examples.
The trainers of MainframesTechHelp cover most of the Mainframe concepts with hands-on and practical training. Our instructors are highly skilled professionals with over a decade of Mainframe experience and industry expertise in advanced technologies.
Apart from practical and technical training, we also assist in resume preparation.
Enroll with our Mainframe developer training course and leverage the growing demand for Mainframe developers.
MainframesTechHelp offers Mainframe Developer Training with expert trainers. The key features are -
- 2 Months (60-90 Hours) Course Duration.
- 100% Job Oriented Training.
- Industry Expert Faculties.
- Free Demo Class Available.
- Training by Real-time Expert.
- Live server practical session.
- Resume & Interviews Preparation Support.
- Mainframe user-id (optional).
TSO /ISPF (3 - 4 Sessions)
- Interacting with z/OS
- How to login to TSO & Instructions
- Interacting with z/OS - ISPF Panel
- ISPF Utilities Panel
- Library Utility Panel
- Dataset Utility Panel - Create PDS, PS
- MOVE/COPY Utility Panel
- Dataset list Utility Panel
- View/Edit Options in Dataset
- Member List Statistics Details
- Command Line Field on Member List
- Primary Commands in EDIT or Browse or View mode
- Dataset Manipulation Commands
- Scrolling Options
- User Profile Edit
- Line Commands
- SuperCE Compare
- Search-For Utility
COBOL (18 - 20 Sessions)
- Basics - Character Set, Character Strings, Words, User-defined Words, Reserved Words, Literal, Constant, Figurative Constants, PICTURE Symbols and character strings, Comments, Comment Line, Floating Comment Indicator, Separators
- Coding sheet
- Program structure
- Hello World Program
- Divisions - IDENTIFICATION DIVISION, ENVIRONMENT DIVISION, DATA DIVISION, PROCEDURE DIVISION and their predefined sections.
- Data Handling - Variable (data Item) Declaration, Level numbers, Variable (Data Item), Data types, PICTURE class, VALUE clause, Computation/COMP/BINARY
- Program construction - Sequential Programming, Selective Programming, Iterative Programming
- Statement Categories - Imperative Statements, Conditional Statements, Delimited Scope Statements, Compiler-directive Statements, COPY, EJECT, SKIP
- Conditional Expressions - Class Condition, Condition-name Condition, Relation Condition, Sign Condition, Switch-status Condition, Negated Simple Condition, Combined Condition, Combined Relation Condition
- Arithmetic Expression - ADD, DIVIDE, MULTIPLY, SUBTRACT, COMPUTE, Statement Operations, CORRESPONDING Phrase, ROUNDED Phrase, SIZE ERROR Phrase
- Array / Table - Fixed-length tables, Variable-length tables, Array Subscript, Array Index, Difference between Index & Subscript, SEARCH, SEARCH ALL, Difference between SEARCH and SEARCH ALL
- Files Handling - File Declaration, OPEN, File Processing, READ, START, READ NEXT, READ PREVIOUS, RELEASE, WRITE, REWRITE, DELETE, CLOSE, Diffence between Files
- Sorting and Merging - SORT Statement, MERGE Statement
- Error Handling - INVALIID KEY Phrase, SIZE ERROR Phrase, FILE Status Codes
- Other - Subroutines, INCLUDE, Debugging Lines, Renames Clause, REDEFINES Clause
JCL (8 - 10 Sessions)
- Introduction to JCL (JOB Control Language)
- Coding sheet
- Understanding of JES (Joint Entry Subsystem) & Spool-SDSF & MAXCC (Cond codes)
- Job Card
- Job Card Parameters - Positional Parameters, Keyword Parameters
- EXEC Statement & its parameters
- DD Statement & its parameters
- System reserved libraries - STEPLIB, JOBLIB, JCLLIB, PROCLIB, COPYLIB, SYSABEND, SYSMDUMP, SYSUDUMP, SYSIN
- Procedures, Type of PROC, Uses of PROC
- GDG Concept
- If Statement
- Restarting and checkpoint in JCL
- JCL Utilities
DB2 (8 - 10 Sessions)
- Db2 introduction
- Table Storage Structure
- Index Storage Structure
- Db2 SQL
- What SQL statements allowed to code in COBOL program
- How to code DB2 statments in COBOL program - SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE
- Host Variables
- Precompilation Process
- BIND PROCESS
- Db2 program Execution process
- Cursor, lifecycle, and its types
- Join Statement
- DB2 Error codes
VSAM (7 - 9 Sessions)
- File access methods
- VSAM vs Non-VSAM
- VSAM vs DB2
- Basic concepts and Terminology
- Catalog structure
- Utility to create VSAM
- Dataset types - ESDS, KSDS, RRDS, LDS
- Selecting VSAM dataset type
- File status codes
CICS (10 - 12 Sessions)
- Introduction to CICS, Batch vs Online systems, CICS system Programs and Tables
- CICS Supplied Transactions, Define Transaction
- BMS Macros – Maps and Map sets
- Pseudo–conversational Programming, SEND, RECEIVE & RETURN Triggering CICS transactions
- CICS+COBOL Program Example
- Sub Program LINK & XCTL, PGMIDERR
- Error Handling, HANDLE CONDITION, RESP, IGNORE CONDITION, NOHANDLE
- File Handling, STARTBR READNEXT READPREV ENDBR RESETBR
- Data Passing between Programs/Transactions, Queues - TDQs and TSQs
- COBOL+CICS+DB2 program example
- CICS Programs Classification
- Error Handling
Upcoming Batches Schedule for Online Training
|Mainframe Application Developer||02-Mar-2022||WEEKDAYS Batch||MON - FRI
|10:00 AM (IST)||Class 1HR to 1:30 HR/Session|