CICS Symbolic Map VariablesCICS Data Processing CICS Pseudo Conversation
Symbolic MAP consists of 5 different variables for each input field.
These 5 different variables are common for every input field.
These 5 variables will be automatically created for every input field during the Symbolic MAP generation.
The system generated variables are
- Input Variable
- Output Variable
- Field Variable
- Length Variable
- Attribute Variable
0 67 141516 212223 72 CICSGRP DFHMSD TYPE=MAP/DSECT/&SYSPARM, X MODE=IN/OUT/INOUT, X LANG=COBOL/ PL/I /ASSEMBLER, X CNTL= (FREEKB, PRINT, FSET), X TIOAPFX=YES CICSPAS DFHMDI SIZE= (24, 80), X POS= (0, 0), X ATTRIBUTE= (BLUE, DM or BR) PASSTXT DFHMDF INITIAL=’PASS:----------‘, X LENGTH=10, X POS= (12, 13), X ATTRIBUTE= (PINK, BR) PASSWRD DFHMDF PICIN= ‘X(8)’, X POS= (12, 20), X ATTRIBUTE= (PROT or UNPROT, IC, ASKIP) CICSGRP DFHMSD TYPE= FINAL END
In the above example, PASSWORD is the field where we need to enter the input.
The symbolic map copybook would be like to below
Symbolic map layout:
01 CICSPASI. 02 FILLER PIC X(12). -- TIOAPFX=YES creates this 12 byte filler 02 FILLER PIC X(2). 02 PASSWRDL PIC S9(4) COMP. 02 PASSWRDF PIC X. 02 FILLER REDEFINES PASSWRDF. 03 PASSWRDA PIC X. 02 PASSWRDI PIC X(08). 01 CICSPASO REDEFINES CICSPASI. 02 FILLER PIC X(12). -- TIOAPFX=YES creates this 12 byte filler 02 FILLER PIC X(3). 02 PASSWRDO PIC X(08). 02 FILLER PIC X(3).
The five different variables for PASSWRD filed are
Lets discuss in detail about each symbolic variable.
- Input variable can carries the information which is entered by the end user.
- Input variable also used for validation purpose in the application program.
- Input variable can have the length of field.
IF PASSWRDI GREATER THAN SPACES . . END-IF.
- Output variable can carries the information from application program to screen.
- Output variable used to display the text sent from application program.
- Output variable can have the length of field.
- Output variable mostly used to display the error message on screen when any error occurred or used to display static mesg to screen.
MOVE “ENTER..” TO PASSWRDO.
- Field variable is a flag variable.
- Field variable is used to identify whether the field is modified or not.
- Field variable has X’00’ when user not modify anything and X’80’ when not entered anything but cleared the screen.
- Field variable used to verify whether the data modified or not during the screen display to the end user.
IF PASSWRDI EQUAL SPACES MOVE DFHBMSFS TO PASSWRDF END-IF.
- Length variable is to provide the length of the data entered by the user.
- Length variable is a 2 byte field.
- Length variable can be used to refresh the field
- Length variable also used to place the cursor at the particular field during the runtime by passing -1 to the length variable.
- No other value except -1 is allowed to length variable.
- Moving -1 to the length variable is called as “Dynamic cursor positioning”.
MOVE -1 TO PASSWRDL.
- Attribute variable is to have MDT information.
- Attribute variable is of the length 1 byte.
- Attribute variable has the attribute of the field.
CICS Data Processing CICS Pseudo Conversation